Hidden updates are updates which are not mentioned in Garry's Mod news or the official forums. Facepunch used to add many small updates and bug fixes which were too trivial to announce; they now include most of their updates on the Steam page. However, there are still some updates which are not included in the updates for various reasons. Hidden updates that occur separately from major updates can sometimes also be recognized due to the build changing.
This page lists hidden updates for 2021.
January[edit | edit source]
- 6 January
- nav_quicksave 2 will now skip mesh visibility computation
- Decoupled sound.PlayURL/File's threads and the timer library clientside from server's tickrate
- Adjusted "Disconnect" button on gui.OpenURL dialog for localizations that are too long (Community Contribution)
- 5 January
- Hammer: Increased amount of recent files to 10, from 4
- Fixed the broken Gunship patrol pathing code (without hl2_episodic 1) reaching infinite loops and hanging the game
- sv_gravity updates live for physics on client too
- Fixed ability to crash the game when the dying player receives damage while in a death related hook. This results in Player.Alive returning false ( used to return true ) in PlayerDeath and DoPlayerDeath hooks for the dying player
- Added FCVAR_USERINFO flag to gmod_language cvar
- 4 January
- Dock openUrl/askconnect dialog's Disconnect button to the left, away from Yes/No buttons (Community Contribution)
- Replaced http://wiki.garrysmod.com/changelist/ link
- Adjusted server info text on the loading screen to not wrap and to be centered better
- Fixed maps and addons trying to spawn NPCs non weapon entities (like a prop_physics) as weapons crashing the game. Now displays a warning.
- Added debug output for a potential memory related crash when loading textures from disk
- Doors will no longer try to "Loop" sounds which report their length as 0 by playing them every frame, causing massive performance issues when having a lot of games mounted